Subject: Re: looking for "Batch" macro
From: [email-masked] (Bill Mills)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 94 10:17:20 PDT

Having recently worked on (well, I'm still working, it's in post now) a project
with 380 some-odd LightWave scenes in it (most of which are 1 to 4 frames long)
I needed batch scene rendering.  I wrote a batch loader/render controller in
AmigaVision Pro, which keeps everything in a database and deletes the scenes
from the database once they are rendered.  Thus when-ever I wasn't using my 
machine, I'd load up lightwave go to the Workbench, and double click on the
RenSeq (Render Sequencer) icon, and it would start in on the next un-rendered
scene.  The database stores resolution/shadowing/anti-alias settings for each
scene.  As I was working on scenes, I kept everything in super low res for
previews, and having Ren-Seq set the resolution etc. kept me from having
to chang all the settings each time I saved a scene.  The front end needs
quite a bit of polishing (still very quick and dirty, I don't think I spent
more than an hour on the whole thing).  If this is something a lot of people
could use (I assume most folks are rendering long anims, where batch rendering
wouldn't make much difference) I'll finish it up when I have some free time,
and upload it to the Amine

Be seeing you...
-Bill Mills

[email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
 (=====)   Corinthian Media Services       Video
  | | |    (209)277-8150                   Multimedia
  | | |    2562 N. Dewey Ave.              Touch Screen Info Centers
  | | |    Fresno, CA 93722                Production/Consultation
  | | |
 (=====)   This is a guest account, CMS is not affiliated with CSUF